The Liebster Award Posting


  

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award for bloggers-with-not many-followers again. Three times on this current circuit of the award.

I was rather hoping to be ineligible for it by now and have topped 200 followers, but no such luck. My nominators are (in reverse order):

Tim Gow of Megablitz and more
Jonathan Freitag at Palouse Wargaming Journal
Natholeon at Natholeon's Empires

Having been nominated, you answer these penetrating questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
Like most people, it's a combination of ego and philanthropy. I feel other people should benefit from my wisdom and life experience. You also get to interact with new people. And it's cathartic. The personal postings from last few years helped me deal with difficult issues.

2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be?
The obsession with form over substance. Great figures do not a great game make.

3. What is best in life?
Being married to Mrs T. And wargaming.

4. Do you want to live forever?
Only if I have good physical and mental health. Otherwise I want to go before I lose the rest of my marbles.

5. Fame or fortune?
Fortune. No contest. 

6. What miniatures are you most proud of having painted?
Why is it always about miniatures? Why not "What is the best game you've ever designed". My favourites of all time would either be the Henrician English or Huguenot French. Probably the latter.

7. How do you deal with burn out?
What's that? 

8. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Because a hawk is like a handsaw.

9. Star Wars or Star Trek?
Doctor Who. (If pushed on the others, probably Star Trek)

10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be?
On current form it would be Hat Miniatures. For 15mm it would be Peter Pig.

11. What is your favourite takeaway?

Fish and chips. With Mushy Peas.

The final thing you have to do is "pass it on" to 10 or 11 other blogs. Problem for me is I don't follow that many blogs on a regular basis. Life's too short if you want to do other things to follow 100 blogs or whatever the rest of the world does. What's more not everyone puts up the number of their followers. Anyway, if you don't follow these, you should do:

Phil Steele does several blogs, based on different periods. All are worthwhile:

ECW battles: Does what it says on the label
P B Eye candy: Phil's 20th century modelling projects
Phil's FoG Blog: Miscellaneous other bits and pieces.

Chris Kemp's NQM blogs are full of useful stuff and are a go to place for Operational WW2 wargaming.

NQM: Be careful. He changes the location from time to time.

Finally Prufrock has some interesting thoughts and has been a supporter of my blog:

Here's No Great Matter

There are a few others I'd mention, but they've been Liebster'd already in this round.



Comments