The other Partizan - October 2022

Off to Newark with the Northamptonshire Battlefields Society and a slightly new team. I had Chris K with me, and Richard L, doing his first stint for us. Alas some other regulars couldn't make it, but three is enough to make the day go smoothly. Even if Richard was late to the pick up point because he needed to scrape ice off his windscreen.


We had a good frontage in our usual location. It's getting a tight squeeze as we win more awards and our boasting zone grows.


We had the Middleton Cheney model with us. The book is still being worked on, so flyers only out for that. You will note I forgot to put in the buildings for the village. Idiot.

It was a busy show. We had a lot of people stop and say hello, both old and new friends. Numbers are certainly picking up now, post COVID. Good turnout of trade stands, but alas my avowed intent of going to pick up several boxes of 1/72 Ottomans and similar for my Prince Eugene Eastern Campaigns project was thwarted by a complete absence of any such boxes with my normal supplier. Curses. In fact, of my list of six things to get, I only found two, and they were mdf bases.

As normal the show had a lot of nice looking set ups. Gotta love this game using the original AK47 Republic.


This was a nice looking Bosworth game, based upon Mike Ingram's interpretation. Well done guys. Good choice.


It was a WotR day, with this game of Mortimer's Cross. Bold choice, given the current state of knowledge about the battle, and equally bold was the prominent appearance of artillery.

Lots of other eye candy on display, but I was a bit busy to snap any more. I also didn't get a chance to look at the participation games, and missed the interesting WD Cluedo Hostage Rescue game.

Overall we had a good drive up there, a clean set up and take down, and a good drive home. All things considered, a good day out.







Comments

  1. Graham, I am never quite sure if word meanings carry the same connotation in English English as they do in American English. The word giving me pause is bold. Do you suggest reckless, rash, "I would not have done it that way", or something less benign?

    Looks like you fellas had an enjoysble day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English TV trivia, jokes, and politics present challenges too!

      Delete
    2. You make us sound veery insular...BTW met one of the Posties at Partizan!

      Delete
    3. Insular? Well, you DO live on an island. Ray said he ran into you on Sunday.

      Delete

Post a Comment