Return of the traveller(s)

It has been quiet here. The simple reason is that my PC has been in the repair shop and coupled with that we've been away for a week getting some summer sun in Madeira. Not that this would have made much difference as the repair was only finished yesterday. It took 2 1/2 weeks and 30 minutes. 2 1/2 weeks for the part to get here from China and 30 minutes to fit it.


I have a big screen all in one desk top with a solid state hard drive. The problem was that the power socket failed. It has been intermittently dodgy for a while, being a casualty of COVID. By which I mean that in transferring it from study to Shedquarters during lockdown in order to set up a remote game I caught the corner of the base unit on the door frame, slightly unseating the internal power board. This is something I'm prone to do with stuff when carrying it as I have to wear varifocals and sometimes I misjudge close up distances.

Any how, the machine is back, as are we from our holidays, so I can catch up and blog the missing games. I took some notes on the Battlefield Society laptop after each game, so I should be able to remember what I've been doing, which includes my first DBA tournament.

How exciting is that?


Comments

  1. Sounds pretty exciting as does your getaway to Madeira.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment