An update on where we are with the shed. I think the project management on this is driving Mrs T a bit nuts, but we're making progress and she's pulling the final bits together for me.
Last week the builder came and put the insulation panels in. He hasn't lined it yet as the electrician is coming on Wednesday and he's going to put the cabling in the walls. Then the builder can clad the interior. Then the electrician can come back and put in the fittings. Then we might be done.
I spent some of the weekend double glazing the windows with light weight acrylic sheeting. I think it would have been a good idea to have had this done by the shed company but it wasn't an offered option. Still, attaching plastic sheeting to a wooden frame, - how hard can it be?
Well, you have to be careful with this stuff as it will shatter. The recommended way to cut it to size is to score it and then snap it along the cut line. Make sure you score it good and deep or you'll find you need another sheet. At least I did. I'm not the world's best diy'er by any stretch, but I will have go and after three hours I'd glazed two out of nine windows and at least one of them may be preventing condensation in the shed.
Either I get the builder to do this, or it's going to take a while.
On the positive side I ran a cable in from the garage and put on a small fan heater and it was soon up to a really comfortable temperature so I was working in just a shirt. I then turned the fan off and it retained the heat really well, even with two or three windows open for ventilation.
On a final note Bob Cordery recently posted the view from his wargming room on his blog. It's a good view and I can't really compete, but this is my view.