Okay, so I haven't been posting much recently. The commute is hard work at the moment, especially when the morning and evening is dark. I'm also a bit further across London than the last time I did this, although we've just changed buildings and I can't work out if that makes it better or worse.
Anyway, very little wargaming at the moment, and not a lot of painting. I am making some progress tho'.
This is my Taiping Army. at last. Well, not quite. Still got to do all the command stands and add the banners, but all the actual units are done. Probably need to get more toys next time I see Ian Kay at Irregular, but they'll do for now.
I've also prepped my next mini-project.
These will be the DBA 3.0 Andalusian Army (III/34b) based on the Hat figures, to go with my Feudal Spanish and Murabits. There are some nice figures in these sets. For those of you who do the 28mm stuff they also do these figures in the bigger scale in hard plastic. Well worth a look.
I can now spend some time sorting out my order for my Peruvians & Chilians I think.
Phil & I are going to Campaign at MK with the Northamptonshire Battlefields Society in May. We'll be taking Phil's figures & terrain board and I suggested that the "Rapid Raphia" rules might be adjustable. So, working title of "Rapid Roses" and some scribbled notes during my lunch break have got that under way. More work than I thought, but I have a long train journey on Thursday (visiting one of our Northern offices) so I might get some work done on them then.
So, not all bad then.