Normal Service Will Be Resumed

Been a bit quiet here due to a major PC failure that required my machine to go into the repair shop to be reloaded from scratch. I had a boot loop that I couldn't by pass even by reinstalling Windows 10.

Any how I got it back yesterday morning, and spent most of yesterday setting it up again. Due to decisions made about using gmail and OneDrive I didn't lose any data, and it was just a case of reinstalling those links and a bit of software.

So, I'm back up and running with quite a few things to catch you all up on.

Be back soon with some updates.

Comments

  1. a lot of people have had that boot loop issue recently; it seems to have been caused by the most recent windows 10 update. It took out two PCs in our house, and that of our neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I charge Microsoft the £60 it cot to have it fixed?

      I suspect not.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. I had assumed you were away on your travels to some faraway exotic location researching the next big thing.

    Cheers
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have been to Birmingham a lot. Does that count?

      Delete
  3. Reports on a few games, a show and a battlefield walk in the pipeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By coincidence, this happened to me last week. Basically my SSD died and I had to get it replaced and Windows10 reinstalled. What did I learn from this? That if you have music or pictures or documents stored in the default folders in W10 that you'd rather not lose, you'd better have them backed-up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I had a near miss with a previous machine. I am now a big fan of One Drive, Google and Gmail.

      Just need to work out how to turn Cortana off again.

      Delete

Post a Comment