The rebasing project continues. My, my, I've got a lot of figures that need doing.
My Sudan Campaign collection is larger than I realised, but about a week's worth of soaking and peeling has got everyone off their old bases, who needs to come off. The order of large numbers of pre-cut mdf bases has arrived.
www.hokaheywargaming.co.uk and also www.timelineminiatures.co.uk). I found him on a Google Search, and he seemed to be very good value. Alas he didn't have the size I wanted listed on his website, so I gave him a call, as the site suggested. A quick chat and I was sorted, with a promise he'd have the stuff in the post for me as soon as he got back from the Penrith show, and he was as good as his word. Good price and because I was ordering a sack full he threw in the postage as well.
It's been a bit warm, so I've been in Shedquarters doing this lot in bulk. I thought I'd get it done whilst the weather was conducive to glue and polyfilla drying. Unfortunately this had lead to some of the figures not sticking properly, and the polyfilla becoming too dry to work with quite quickly, so need for frequent addition of extra water.
The change in base sizes means I can get more in a box, so I should be able to free up 2-3 boxes, which helps with shelf space and also gives me boxes I can use for other projects. I've also taken the opportunity to do some proper boxliners, so I know what figures go in what spaces.
What I have discovered with some of the boxes is that I'll need to move the dividers, which is a nuisance as they are well and truly glued in.
Still, I'm sure all the effort will be well worth it, and it is almost certainly not a displacement activity for finalising the slides or that talk I'm giving at the end of the month.