More Non Fiddly Bits

I finished painting the cavalry blocks this morning. For their photoshoot I took them out to Shedquarters and tried them on the 6mm Edgcote board. These pictures are just done with the macro setting on the camera, not the extension rings.


The horses are all roan (easier that way) and I did the troopers all in buff coats. They've all got faces and swords. Those with the red ensigns have pot helms, the blue have slouch hats. Honest.


Here they are with the infantry. The white tabs with regiment names will be done a bit more professionally if I go down this route. The hedges look a bit tall, but are probably right for the famous Sulby Hedge at Naseby.


I don't think the coloured fields work for this scale, as they distract from the figures. I guess I'll stick with plain green.

I did a trial picture with them doubled up, but I think that's a bit much.

Probably what I need to do next is finalise how I want the terrain board to look and firm up the sizes. I've got Nick Liscombe's new ECW atlas from Osprey, which will be a help, but I need to decide whether I want to include Naseby village, and the location of the rear attack on the retreating Royalists and their artillery chain.

A project for the dark winter months, I think.

Comments