More of the Circus

Richard took us back to the Western Front this week, for some more aerial antics. This time we had some two seaters on the table. 


I took a German Albatross again. Jon had a Roland, and as we were a man short, Richard umpired and flew another Albatross. Chris Ager and Steve had Sopwith Strutters and Patrick had a Sopwith Pup. 


I won't try and describe the action, just let you enjoy the photos.


There was a lot of cagey flying, after what we learned in the first game, with most of us climbing to get extra height, so we could dive and do clever manoeuvres with the extra speed.


The Albatross is a good plane. It isn't as manoeuvrable as the Pup, but it has better fire power and a more robust airframe.


I'm the light coloured plane in the middle. Point blank range, and the fecking guns jammed again. After I'd got into a lovely position for a close range shot at my opponents vulnerable places. And a lucky hit with the return fire damaged my engine, so I could no longer gain height. Great.


Richard by this stage had got shot down at least once. I had to fly around for a while to unjam my guns. All the slow moving Brits could now keep out of my way by simply climbing a level.


No worry, guns cleared, I got on the tail of that wretched Pup at last at point blank range (I was really proud of this flying, as being unable to climb, it meant using dives to get extra speed was tricky).

Effing guns jammed again. That's three times over two games.


Still, not as bad as Richard, who got shot down again.

Not going well for the Germans. Another game with no kills at all, and precious little damage inflicted. 

Did I mention the Albatrosses are more heavily armed than the Brits? All we really need to do is get them in arc, and blaze away?

As long as the guns don't jam. 

I'm going back to the airfield to kick the armourer round the park.



Comments

  1. That was a fun contest but the Germans REALLY need to improve their performance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think we did anything wrong, except roll rotten dice. I'm at a loss as to how to improve our performsnce.

      Delete

Post a Comment