First Partizan of the Year

Suddenly there's an embarrassment of riches. Worried I might be on my own (and therefore not attending) we actually had a team of four for Newark this last weekend, with me, Tim, Vincent and Chris A (Chris K was rafting) being available. 

I'm pleased to say the team assembled promptly at 7:45am chez Trebian, and with a neatly packed car we all fitted in one vehicle and were off on time (although I did leave the weapons bag behind by accident).

We had a good clear drive to the site, and with four of us pitching in, we were unpacked and set up in double quick time. 


We had some extra frontage to cover, as the people to our right didn't make it, which enabled us to stretch out a bit.

For the first time in a while I set the 1460 board up as a game and got Tim and Vincent to play it. We had a few games with visitors to the stand as well. We're trying to promote the downloadable version from Wargame Vault, having sold out all the hard copies (Link)


Our feature battle is still Middleton Cheney, and now we have a new book to sell on the battle. We sold most of the copies we took, so I was pleased with that.

We had a much quieter day than at MK last week - fewer families with children - but we were kept busy. Great to meet up with blogger David from Suffolk, who said some kind things about this blog, and seemed genuinely excited to meet some of the actual people who get mentioned in the game posts.

I thought that whilst the trade stands were good, there were a few regulars missing (no soft plastics) and apart from buying a handsome cab model for my eldest daughter's Victorian Christmas decoration scene my money mostly stayed in my pocket.

When it came to the stand take down the team were once more amazing, and we were packed and off site in double quick time. We were then rewarded with a clear drive home.

Very satisfactory day out.


Comments

  1. It was indeed a pleasure to meet you all and chat! Glad you had a good day and all went smoothly. See you at the next one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link for the Wargame Vault rules does not quite work, but otherwise good show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment