The Battle of Salbutamol, part II

We were back at Chris' for the second go at the latest battle in the on-going war between Tibia & Paprika, centred round the port of Salbutamol (I realise I never named it last week, but that's what it's called. It's on the River Fentanyl).

It was hot. The hottest day of the year so far. Chris is also running a little sub-par at the moment, so his normal on the ball game management was not at its best. Add to that we were up to four players, with Steve joining us and not familiar with the scenario and you'll see that we didn't cover as much ground as we'd have liked.


Steve took over on the Tibian left, and so was facing me. He had so much kit he wasn't sure what to do with it. Phil was still over on their right, pounding Tim with everything he'd got and pushing hard.


I'd been driven back from my first defensive line, and was realigning my defences and consolidating. Use of my artillery was key, in order to slow their advance.


I was able to spread it around a bit, but my accuracy was impaired by a lack of ground recce, and the almost Teutonic efficiency of the Tibian airforce against my brave Paprikan pilots.


Phil was pressing hard to take the bridge, and Tim was falling back, ahead of blowing it with his engineers.


It was all a bit of a muddle. Tim got back across the bridge, with Phil hard on his tail. He then failed in the detonation to destroy the bridge, and would need at least another turn to bring it down.


I had to withdraw from the wood on my flank to reorganise. Losing the air war wasn't really helping.


I'm using my artillery to frustrate Steve's advance, but he has a lot more units than I have guns, and my left flank is a bit up in the air.


Phil has driven his Stug onto the bridge, which Tim fails to blow again. There's shelling, bombing and everything going off down there.

Then it was time to call it a day. The heat had got to us all*, so we called it a night. We'll be back next week for more, as Chris is getting a lot of value helping tighten up his wording in the NQM draft text. Given we've been 30+ years leading up to this point, it would be churlish to deny him the time and support he needs to get the project done and dusted.

* Note to our American readers (and others in hot climates). Very few UK domestic residences have air conditioning. Generally it's not considered necessary for the 2 days a year when we'd turn it on.







Comments