A Bit of This and That

So, as reported, the new rules went up on Amazon, and it didn't take long for them to become a best seller:


Yes. Believe it or not, I'm the number one best seller on Amazon in the category of the History of South America. I hope you are impressed. I was, especially as my sales report from Amazon so far shows I haven't sold any copies (although I know Bob says he's bought a copy, and he's a man of his word, so I believe him). I suspect it isn't a crowded category, but, as my children would say "Go You Dad!".

I should note here, as well, that I have corrected an oversight. It wasn't until I was reading Chris K's Not Quite Mechanised blog that I realised I never got round to putting up a list of recommended blogs. So I've rectified that with the list on the right. It's just above the labels, and is incomplete. Plus I haven't worked out how to make it show previews as well.

And whilst I try not to do political commentary on here, I'd just like to say that I am so glad I went and visited Iran a few years ago. I strongly suspect that people won't be able to go now for a few years, and that some of what I saw may end up not being there if things go badly. If you are new to the blog, you might enjoy these postings on Izad Khast, Persepolis,  and Sassanid wall carvings.

I regret I will probably never be able to go to Iraq. I can't see this all being fixed in my lifetime now. I did think there was an outside chance a few years ago, but alas no more. I do not approve of the Iranian Government, but I can't see that this "strategy" is ever going to change their minds.


Comments

  1. Unfortunately, reports are correct: we can not get it in New Zealand. I decided to get 'Ur' and 'Chile' both in pbk (I prefer 'hard' copy) and no go. Might be forced to go the machine-readable route. Thinking about it. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really think it is our place to approve or disapprove if Iran's government. On the other hand, given its impact upon the world, the US can hardly complain were we to disapprove of its government!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is our place to build bridges not blow them up. I didn't meet an Iranian I didn't like.

      Delete
  3. As you say. It's best to keep politics out of wargaming blogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped by to say I just ordered the Chile rules from Amazon, they're arriving Saturday. I've been looking for some land rules for this period for a while, thinking I'd end up having to adapt my own. I'm planning (eventually) to incorporate them into a campaign covering sea and land ops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's great to see I found a market! I shall be interested to hear what you say. all of my play testers knew nothing about the War, so the interpretation is my own. Please review when you are able to do so.

      Delete

Post a Comment